Red Rub Salmon Fillet with Michigan Maple Barbecue Glaze
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 4
1 tablespoon Red Rub *
2 tablespoons Michigan Maple Barbecue Glaze**
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Rub the salmon fillets with the vegetable oil and then season with the Red Rub. Place on the grill and cook on both sides evenly for about 8 – 10 minutes total. Look for nice grill marks on both sides and be sure to spray the grill down with a little bit of cooking spray so that the fish doesn’t stick.
2. Once the fish is mostly cooked, glaze the fillets with the Maple Barbecue Glaze.
3. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
* Red Rub
Prep: 5 minutes
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon coarse salt
2 teaspoons black pepper (ground)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Blend all of the spices together in a small bowl.
** Michigan Maple Barbecue Glaze
Prep: 10 minutes
2 tablespoons (minced) shallots
1 teaspoon (minced) garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.