5 Surf & Turf Combinations for Easy, Elegant Meals
1. New York Strip with Japanese-Style Crab Cakes: Infuse international flavors into your beef and seafood spread! Give New York strip, an exceedingly tender cut, a Japanese-inspired twist. Marinate the steak in a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire and ginger. Then pair with crab cakes.
2. Seared Ribeye & Butter-Poached Lobster: Savor the traditional steak and lobster classic with a tasty twist by swapping out the filet for pan-seared ribeye. Pan-searing uses high temperatures to impart foods with delicious caramelization. Sear ribeye for two to three minutes on both sides, then finish cooking in the oven for a crispy-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside steak. Known for its rich, buttery flavor, ribeye makes the perfect partner to succulent, butter-poached lobster.
3. Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops & Skirt Steak with Romesco Sauce: Full of fire-roasted tomato and pepper flavor, romesco sauce brings a bright, satisfying zip to delicate scallops and beefy skirt steak. The best part about this pairing is that they’re both quick-cooking proteins and the sauce comes together in a flash, creating a hearty plate of flavorful surf and turf that’s ready in minutes.
4. Shrimp & Steak Skewers: Looking to make this high-end meal more casual? Serve it up on skewers! Marinate shrimp and sirloin steak (the best cut for kabobs) in a garlic-butter marinade or your marinade of choice, then alternate on skewers and grill to perfection. While your surf and turf skewers grill, whip up different sauces like honey-garlic butter or herbaceous chimichurri for a dippable, easy-prepped meal.
5. Surf & Turf Takes a Finger Food Format: Who says turf is limited to steak? Take surf and turf to a handheld format with burgers! Pop your favorite rendition of crab, lobster or shrimp on top of juicy beef burgers. Or, transform scallops into mini seafood sliders topped with crispy crumbled bacon. Prep quick and easy homemade condiments that fit your meaty-fishy flavor profiles like garlic-herb butter, chive butter or cilantro-lime vinaigrette. Experiment with different combinations and enjoy burger night with a dash of luxury any day of the week!