British Breakfast Bowl with English Muffin Croutons
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook/Broil: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 light 100 calorie multi-grain English muffins, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups reduced sodium vegetarian baked beans
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
2. Place oven rack 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to high. Spread tomatoes on rimmed baking pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Broil tomatoes 4 minutes or until lightly charred; reduce broiler to low. Spread muffins on second rimmed baking pan; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Broil muffins 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
3. To poach eggs, in large saucepan, heat 6 cups water and vinegar to a boil. Carefully crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small cup; slowly slide egg into water while immersing cup slightly in water. Cover tightly with lid and remove from heat. Let stand 4 minutes or until egg white is cooked through and yolk is slightly soft or to desired doneness.
4. In small saucepot, cook beans with their juice over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve beans topped with bacon, tomatoes, croutons and eggs sprinkled with parsley.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 bowl):
329 Calories, 15g Fat (4g Saturated), 190mg Cholesterol,
523mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 15g Protein