Prep: 1 hours 5 minutes
Bake: 1 hours 10 minutes • Serves: 12
2tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2cup cold Challenge® Unsalted Butter (1 stick), cut into ½-inch pieces
1large Vital Farms® Egg Yolk
2tablespoons heavy cream
1/3cup packed light brown sugar
2large Vital Farms® Eggs
3/4cup plus 2 tablespoons canned 100% pure pumpkin
2teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2cup heavy cream
1tablespoon Challenge® Unsalted Butter
1/2cup heavy cream
2tablespoons dark rum
1cup granulated sugar
1/2cup toasted, chopped pecans
1. Prepare Crust: In food processor, pulse flour, sugar and salt until combined; add butter and pulse just until mixture resembles coarse meal with no large pieces. Add egg yolk and cream; pulse just until mixture comes together. Form dough into a disk; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Line outside of 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil. Lightly dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Unwrap dough; roll into 13-inch circle and transfer to prepared pan. Gently press dough into bottom and up sides of pan without stretching the dough; the edges should look ragged. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Position oven rack in bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 350°. Line rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork at 1-inch intervals. Line bottom and sides of crust with aluminum foil; add pie weights. Bake crust on prepared baking pan 15 minutes or until edges are firm. Carefully remove foil and pie weights. Bake crust on baking pan 10 minutes or just until bottom is firm, popping any bubbles that form with toothpick. Cool crust on wire rack 30 minutes.
4. Prepare Filling: In medium bowl, beat cheese and brown sugar on medium speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and salt; beat 2 minutes or until well combined. Reduce speed to low; add cream and beat until combined.
5. Slowly pour filling into prepared crust. Bake tart 45 minutes or until filling has puffed slightly and surface appears dry. Cool tart on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool and firm.
6. Prepare Caramel: In small saucepan, cook brown sugar, butter and salt over medium heat 5 minutes or until sugar melts and starts to darken around edges, stirring constantly. Slowly pour heavy cream down side of pan in steady stream, whisking to combine. Cook caramel 10 minutes, whisking occasionally; stir in rum and cook 2 minutes. Transfer caramel to medium bowl; refrigerate 15 minutes or until completely cool.
7. Spread caramel over pumpkin layer; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
8. Prepare Cranberry Topping: In small saucepan, cook cranberries, sugar and water over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally; cool.
9. To serve, run knife around edge of tart to loosen; remove ring from pan. Carefully remove tart from bottom of pan; transfer to serving plate. Top tart with Cranberry Topping and pecans; cut tart into slices.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
410 Calories, 24g Fat (13g Saturated), 105mg Cholesterol,
121mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Protein
To toast pecans: In large skillet, toast pecans over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally; transfer to plate to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Prepared, cooled Cranberry Topping can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 days. Prepared, cooled crust can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
Cut tart with a large knife dipped in hot water.