Cashew Ricotta & Spinach-Stuffed Shells in Arrabbiata Sauce
Prep: 35 minutes plus soaking
Bake: 10 minutes • Serves: 6
1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
8 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 cups arrabbiata pasta sauce
Lemon-Pine Nut Crumbs
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Microgreens and fresh cracked black pepper for garnish
1. Cashew Ricotta: In large bowl, cover cashews with cold water; let stand at room temperature overnight. Drain cashews; in food processor, purée cashews and remaining ingredients until smooth. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
2. Spinach-Stuffed Shells: Prepare shells as label directs, cooking 2 minutes less than specified; drain, cool and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. In large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and salt; cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, tossing with tongs until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and cool slightly; stir in Cashew Ricotta.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon 1/2 cup arrabbiata sauce on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Fill shells with spinach-ricotta filling; place in prepared dish. Spoon remaining arrabbiata sauce over shells; cover with aluminum foil. Bake shells 10 minutes or until heated through.
4. Lemon-Pine Nut Crumbs: In large skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. In food processor, pulse lemon zest, salt and pine nuts until ground but still dry. Makes about 1/2 cup.
5. Serve shells garnished with Lemon-Pine Nut crumbs, microgreens and cracked black pepper.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
739 Calories, 43g Fat (5g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol,
288mg Sodium, 69g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 20g Protein