Cedar Plank Salmon wrapped in bacon with Crab Stuffing
Prep: 45 minutes
Cook/Bake: 25 minutes • Serves: 3
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 large Egg
1 tbsp Dill
1 lemon Juiced
1/2 cup Red bell pepper, diced small
1/2 cup Onion, diced small
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2 tbsp Olive oil
8 Bacon slices
1 large or 3 smaller rectangles Cedar planks
Fresh dill and lemon twists for garnish
Salt & pepper – to taste
1.1. For the stuffing sauté the peppers and onions in the olive oil on medium heat until translucent. About 2 – 3 minutes, season with a little salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from the heat and chill completely.
2. In a mixing bowl add the crab meat, bread crumbs, dill, seasoning, egg, and sautéed veggies. Combine together to form the stuffing.
3. For Salmon you’ll need a sharp knife. Make a slice all the way down the center of the filet lengthwise without cutting all the way through, this is scoring the salmon. Open each side by working the knife down each side of the score opening up the filet so that you are creating a larger surface area to work with. Do this gradually working the sides open like a flap on each side.
4. Now add the stuffing into the center of the salmon filet all the way down lengthwise creating a 1-1/2“ dowel. Fold one side of the salmon onto the stuffing and role the salmon so that the stuffing is in the center of the entire filet.
5. Place the bacon in rows onto a cutting overlapping them but only slightly. Now place the salmon Ballantine onto the bacon and roll the bacon onto the Ballantine so that the salmon is completely encapsulated.
6. With a sharp knife, cut slices of the bacon wrapped Ballantine and turn up each piece so that the crab stuffing is showing. Place a wooden skewer through each slice to hold the bacon in place while cooking.
7. Spray a large cedar plank with cooking spray and place the salmon slices onto the plank.
8. In a preheated oven 350 degrees, bake the salmon for about 20 minutes, nice browning has occurred, and an internal temperature of 145 degrees has been met.
9. Garnish with lemon twists and dill sprigs and Enjoy!