Crab & Parmesan Encrusted Cod with Creamed Leeks, Spinach and Shiitakes
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake/Cook: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
3/4cup refrigerated jumbo lump or canned crabmeat, drained and picked through
1/4cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish (optional)
4tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
4(5-ounce) cod fillets
1/2teaspoon sea salt
1teaspoon cracked black pepper
8ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and halved
2medium leeks, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
4cups loosely packed baby spinach
1/2cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. In medium bowl, gently fold crabmeat, cheese and 2 tablespoons butter.
2. Pat cod dry with paper towel. Sprinkle cod with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; place on prepared pan and top with crabmeat mixture. Bake cod 15 minutes or until internal temperature of cod reaches 145°.
3. In large skillet, cook mushrooms and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and lightly browned, stirring frequently; transfer to bowl.
4. In same skillet, cook leeks and remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat 2 minutes or until leeks begin to soften; add 1/4 cup water, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook leeks 10 minutes or until very soft; stir in spinach, cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5. Serve cod and mushrooms over leek mixture sprinkled with cheese, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
424 Calories, 26g Fat (15g Saturated), 167mg Cholesterol, 671mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 34g Protein