Garlic Shrimp over Parmesan Grits with Bacon & Pepitas
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
2cups Gia Russa® Culinary Chicken Stock
1/2cup quick-cooking yellow corn grits
1cup packed baby kale
1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
2tablespoons heavy cream
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
4slices thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, chopped
1pound raw 31-40 count tail-off peeled and deveined shrimp
2garlic cloves, minced
1teaspoon smoked paprika
1. In large skillet, toast pepitas over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally; transfer to plate to cool.
2. In medium saucepan, heat broth and 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium-high heat; whisk in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 7 minutes or until thickened, whisking occasionally. Stir in kale, cheese, cream and pepper.
3. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; with slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
4. Add shrimp to skillet with bacon drippings; cook 5 minutes, turning once. Stir in garlic and paprika; cook 1 minute or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve grit mixture topped with shrimp, bacon and pepitas.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
324 Calories, 16g Fat (6g Saturated), 149mg Cholesterol, 1269mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 26g Protein