Grilled Buffalo Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Grilled Carrots & Celery
Prep: 15 minutes
Grill: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
1/4cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
4Farm Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 6 ounces each)
1/2cup New York-style buffalo wing sauce
1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1/2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
6organic celery stalks, cut crosswise into 4-inch pieces
4medium carrots, halved lengthwise then cut crosswise into 4-inch pieces
1teaspoon DeLallo® 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir blue cheese, cream cheese and breadcrumbs. Makes about 1 cup.
2. With sharp paring knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through, leaving about 1/4-inch uncut. Open chicken breasts; lay flat between plastic wrap on work surface. With flat end of meat mallet, pound each breast to flatten to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Leaving 1/2-inch border, spoon cheese mixture over bottom halves of chicken breasts, then roll chicken around filling to enclose; secure with toothpicks. Brush with 1/4 cup wing sauce; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook chicken 10 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, toss celery, carrots, oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; place on hot grill rack and turn chicken. Cover and cook chicken 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, and vegetables 5 minutes, turning once.
5. Serve chicken with carrots and celery drizzled with remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce sprinkled with additional blue cheese, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
408 Calories, 22g Fat 8g Saturated, 127mg Cholesterol,
706mg Sodium, 14g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 5g Sugars, 37g Protein