Grilled Filet & Lobster Tail with Cajun Butter
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking and standing
Grill: 18 minutes • Serves: 4
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cupChallenge® Unsalted Butter (1 stick), softened
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 lobster tails (about 4 ounces each), thawed if necessary
2 beef tenderloin steaks (about 8 ounces each)
2 tablespoons Pompeian® Olive Oil
1. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling
over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir garlic, butter, parsley, seasoning, lime zest and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
2. With scissors, cut lobster tail shells lengthwise down center; with fingers, spread shells apart slightly. Flip lobster tails over onto backs; insert skewer lengthwise into each tail through the center of the meat. Brush both sides of lobster tails and steaks with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Place steaks on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer steaks to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.)
4. Place lobster tails, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 4 minutes or until shells are bright red. Transfer lobster tails, cut side up, to plate; stuff each with 1 tablespoon butter mixture. Place lobster tails, cut side up, back on grill rack; cover and cook 4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
5. Remove skewers from lobster tails; cut steaks crosswise in half. Serve lobster tails and steaks with remaining 1/4 cup butter mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1/2 steak, 1 lobster tail, 1 tablespoon butter mixure):
538 Calories, 38g Fat (18g Saturated), 305mg Cholesterol,
1498mg Sodium, 1g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 46g Protein