Grilled Halibut with Jalapeño-Peach Relish
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 12 minutes • Serves: 4
1medium jalapeño, halved, seeded and stemmed
1/4cup Colavita® Olive Oil
4skin-on halibut fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
2tablespoons fresh lime juice
1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/4cup chopped red onion
1tablespoon chopped fresh basil or Thai basil
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. In medium bowl, toss peaches, jalapeño and 1 tablespoon oil. Place peaches and jalapeño, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Transfer peaches and jalapeño to cutting board; chop.
3. Brush both sides of halibut with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. With clean kitchen towel and tongs, coat hot grill rack with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place halibut, skin side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 7 minutes or until opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once. Slide spatula between skin and flesh to remove skin.
4. In large bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, ginger, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add bell pepper, onion, basil, peaches and jalapeño to lime mixture; toss. Makes about 3 cups.
5. Serve halibut topped with relish.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
278 Calories, 9g Fat 1g Saturated, 87mg Cholesterol,
557mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 34g Protein
> To prevent halibut from sticking to the grill, make sure the grill grates are well oiled and hot before placing it on the grill.
Grill halibut with the skin on and use a fish spatula to turn it only once to help prevent it from flaking and falling apart.
Halibut steaks will take about 10 minutes to grill, and fillets about 7 minutes.