Grilled Seafood Charcuterie Board
Prep: 25 minutes plus cooling
Grill: 11 minutes • Serves: 8
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay® seasoning
2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and rinsed, beards removed (about 16 mussels)
2 pounds raw 16-20 count tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
4 pounds snow crab clusters (about 12 clusters)
4 medium ears corn, husks and silks removed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 medium lemons, halved crosswise
1 cup oyster crackers
1/2 cup cocktail sauce
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small saucepan, add garlic, butter, parsley, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon seasoning. Place saucepan on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Cover to keep warm. Makes about 1/2 cup.
2. Lightly press any opened mussels; discard any that don’t close in a few minutes or any with cracked shells. In large bowl, toss shrimp, 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 11/2 teaspoons seasoning. Brush crab clusters and corn with remaining 3 tablespoons oil; sprinkle corn with salt and pepper.
3. Place mussels, shrimp, crab clusters and corn on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until mussels open, internal temperature of shrimp reaches 145°, crab clusters are heated through and grill marks appear on corn, turning once except mussels. During last 3 minutes of cooking, place lemons, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Transfer corn to cutting board and cool 5 minutes; carefully cut each ear crosswise into quarters. Separate crab clusters into legs/claws.
4. Place crackers, cocktail sauce and garlic mixture in 3 separate small serving bowls.
5. Arrange mussels, shrimp, crab, corn, lemons, crackers, cocktail sauce and garlic mixture on large serving platter.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (about 2 mussels, 5 shrimp, 6 crab legs/claws, 2 corn quarters, 1 tablespoon garlic mixture, 2 tablespoons crackers, 1 tablespoon sauce):
445 Calories, 24g Fat (9g Saturated), 278mg Cholesterol,
1725mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 37g Protein