Instant Pot® Chocolate Soufflé Cakes with Strawberry Sauce
Prep: 20 minutes plus pressurizing and cooling
Pressure Cook: 5 minutes • Serves: 4
1/4 cup cocoa powder plus additional for dusting
2 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup oat milk
2 teaspoons cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced ripe strawberries plus additional for garnish (optional)
1. Place steam rack in bottom of 5-quart Instant Pot; add 2 cups water and preheat on Sauté-Normal. In heatproof bowl on steam rack, heat chocolate 5 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Spray 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; dust with cocoa powder. In large bowl, whisk egg yolks, applesauce, milk, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth; stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt and melted chocolate until smooth.
3. In medium bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on high speed 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form; fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Divide batter into ramekins; place on steam rack. Place lid on Instant Pot and close pressure valve to seal; pressure cook on high 5 minutes. Quick release pressure; remove lid. Remove ramekins; cool 15 minutes.
4. In blender, purée strawberries. Makes about 1/4 cup.
5. Serve cakes drizzled with strawberry sauce garnished with chopped strawberries and/or chocolate, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cake, 1 tablespoon sauce):
206 Calories, 12g Fat (4g Saturated), 94mg Cholesterol, 192mg Sodium,
22g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 14g Sugars, 9g Added Sugars, 7g Protein
If your Instant Pot did not come with a steam rack, use a heatproof trivet or flattened balls of foil.