Instant Pot® Pork Loin Carnitas Tacos
Prep: 15 minutes
Pressure Cook/Broil: 40 minutes • Serves: 10
1 boneless center-cut pork loin, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 5 pounds)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup coconut oil
20 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Toppings: chopped avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, pico de gallo, sliced radish, sliced jalapeño, queso fresco, lime wedges (optional)
1. On 6-quart Instant Pot, select “meat” setting. In large bowl, toss garlic, pork, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, zest, pepper and oil; transfer to Instant Pot.
2. Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent; select high pressure and cook 35 minutes. Release pressure on Instant Pot; let stand 15 minutes. Remove lid; with 2 forks, shred pork.
3. In batches, on griddle or in large skillet, cook tortillas over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
4. Preheat broiler to high. Spread shredded pork on rimmed baking pan; broil 5 minutes or until crisp and browned. Makes about 9 cups.
5. Serve carnitas in tortillas with toppings, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 tacos):
549 Calories, 37g Fat (24g Saturated), 90mg Cholesterol,
706mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 34g Protein