Lemony Alfredo Shrimp Primavera
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 6
2 1/2tablespoons Colavita® Olive Oil
1pound raw 16-20 count tail-off peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
5cups vegetables such as broccoli florets, matchstick-cut carrots, sliced bell peppers, sliced celery, sliced mushrooms, sliced red onion, snow peas
2garlic cloves, minced
1package (8 ounces) Neufchâtel cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4cup Prairie Farms® Organic Reduced Fat Milk
1 1/2teaspoons lemon zest
3/4cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces)
1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain; return to saucepot and cover.
2. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to skillet; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, turning once. Transfer shrimp to pot with pasta; cover.
3. In same skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetables, 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer vegetable mixture to pot with pasta and shrimp; cover.
4. In same skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Whisk in Neufchâtel, milk and lemon zest; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in Parmesan cheese until combined. Pour sauce over pasta, shrimp and vegetables in pot; toss to combine.
5. Serve pasta mixture sprinkled with parsley, if desired. Makes about 8 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
458 Calories, 21g Fat (8g Saturated), 169mg Cholesterol,
624mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 31g Protein