Loaded Leftover Thanksgiving Bake
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 45 minutes • Serves: 10
6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
3 cups chopped leftover turkey
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 cups leftover cooked vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, butternut squash and/or sweet potatoes
3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 package (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup coarsely crushed chicken-flavored crackers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°; spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
2. In large bowl, stir turkey, sour cream, garlic powder and onion powder. Layer vegetables, turkey mixture, mashed potatoes, bacon and cheese in prepared dish; cover with aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes.
3. In small bowl, stir crackers and butter. Makes about 1 cup.
4. Remove foil from Thanksgiving bake; sprinkle with cracker mixture and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 12-1/2 cups.
5. Serve Thanksgiving bake sprinkled with green onions.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (heaping 3/4 cup):
348 Calories, 21g Fat (10g Saturated), 92mg Cholesterol,
535mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 21g Protein