Marinated Jerk Chicken with Peach-Mango Salsa
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 6
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons lower sodium jerk seasoning
6 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless Smart Chicken® Chicken Breasts
2 medium ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
1. In small bowl, whisk oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, jerk seasoning and 2 tablespoons water. Makes about 1/2 cup.
2. Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage chicken in bag to coat; refrigerate at least 1 or up to 8 hours.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In medium bowl, toss peaches, mango, shallot, cilantro, jalapeño, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice. Makes 2 cups.
4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
5. Serve chicken topped with salsa.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 chicken breast, 1/3 cup salsa):
270 Calories, 11g Fat (2g Saturated), 105mg Cholesterol,
450mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 33g Protein