Maple Peach Smash
1/2 ounce maple syrup
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
2-3 thick slices of ripe peach
Garnish: orange twist and mint leaves
1. Combine the bourbon/rye/rum, maple syrup, lemon juice and peach slices in a mixing glass. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to smash the peach slices. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain the liquid over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with the orange twist and mint sprigs.
1/2 ounce honey syrup
3/4 ounce lemon juice
2 dashes orange bitters
3 ounces sparkling wine
Garnish: lemon twist
1. Combine the Aquavit, honey syrup, lemon juice and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with lemon twist.
Honey Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup honey and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the honey has dissolved and transfer to an airtight container. Syrup will keep in refrigeration for a month.
3/4 ounce Luxardo Bitter Bianco
3/4 ounce dry vermouth
Garnish: grapefruit twist
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir until chilled and strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with grapefruit twist.
Elderflower Garden Party
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1 medium cucumber, cut into chunks
Garnish: cucumber slice
1. Place the cucumber chunks in a blender or food processor and purée. Place the cucumber purée in a fine mesh strainer or a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Press out as much juice from the cucumber as possible and discard the pulp.
2. Place 1 1/2 ounces of the cucumber juice along with the vodka, simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled and strain into a martini glass or coupe. Garnish with cucumber slice.