Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
Prep: 5 minutes
Slow Cook: 2 hours 45 minutes • Serves: 8
1. Tomatoes: In 6-quart slow cooker, add 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion with their juice.
2. Chicken Stock: Stir 1 (32-ounce) container unsalted chicken stock and 1-1/2 cups water into slow cooker.
3. Meatballs: Stir 1 (20-ounce) package frozen chicken or turkey Italian-style meatballs, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper into slow cooker; cover and cook on high 2 hours or low 4 hours.
4. Spinach: Stir 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach into slow cooker.
5. Pasta: Stir 2 cups dry ditalini pasta into slow cooker; cook on high 45 minutes or on low 1 hour or until pasta is tender. Serve soup garnished with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes about 12 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1-1/2 cups):
301 Calories, 8g Fat (2g Saturated), 36mg Cholesterol,
708mg Sodium, 34g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 23g Protein