Steak & Veggie Kabobs
Prep: 30 minutes
Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 4
1pound new potatoes (about 16 potatoes), cut in half, larger potatoes quartered
1-1/2pounds boneless beef sirloin or New York strip steaks, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1tablespoon favorite steak seasoning
1package (8 ounces) white mushrooms, cut in half, larger mushrooms cut into quarters
1bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1tablespoon Colavita® Olive Oil
1. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
2. In medium saucepot, add potatoes and cold water to cover by 2 inches; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil potatoes 5 minutes; drain and cool 5 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, toss steak and 2 teaspoons steak seasoning. In second medium bowl, toss mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, potatoes, oil and remaining 1 teaspoon steak seasoning.
4. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto skewers. Place kabobs on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature of steak reaches 135°, turning kabobs occasionally. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing for medium-rare.)
5. Transfer kabobs to serving plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
466 Calories, 23g Fat (8g Saturated), 125mg Cholesterol,
664mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 41g Protein