Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 1 hours 20 minutes • Serves: 8
1tablespoon Domino Granulated Sugar
1teaspoon kosher salt
1cup cold unsalted butter, diced
2/3cups ice water
4cups hulled and halved strawberries
3cups chopped fresh rhubarb
1cup packed Domino Light Brown Sugar
1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
2teaspoons lemon zest
1-1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nonstick baking spray
1Busch’s Large Egg
1tablespoon heavy cream
1. In food processor, pulse flour, sugar and salt until combined; scatter butter over flour mixture and pulse until it resembles pea-sized crumbs. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing twice after each addition until mixture holds together when pinched between fingers. Shape dough into 2 equal-sized disks; wrap with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
2. In medium bowl, toss strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and cinnamon until combined.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 9-inch pie pan with baking spray. Roll out 1 disk of dough between parchment paper to 1/8-inch thick; transfer to prepared pie pan. Lightly press dough onto bottom and sides of pan; spread strawberry rhubarb filling into prepared crust.
4. Roll out remaining disk of dough to 1/8-inch thick and place over filling; with scissors, leaving ¾-inch overhang, trim edges of dough. Fold excess top crust under bottom crust and flute to form a seal.
5. In bowl, whisk together egg and cream. Brush top of pie with egg mixture until covered. Cut four 2-inch vents in top crust. Bake pie 1 hour 20 minutes; cool slightly, then refrigerate overnight before cutting into 8 slices.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
250 Calories, 1g Fat (0g Saturated), 13mg Cholesterol,
256mg Sodium, 57g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 4g Protein
To make the top crust with flower cutouts: After adding strawberry-rhubarb filling into prepared crust, flute edges of bottom crust in pan. Roll out remaining disk of dough between parchment paper to 1/8-inch thick; working quickly to maintain temperature of dough, cut out flowers from dough with a flower-shaped cutter. Place flower cutouts over strawberry-rhubarb filling in desired design.