Valentine’s Day Raspberry “Cheesecake” Hearts
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking, chilling
and freezing • Serves: 4
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup pitted fresh Medjool dates
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup coconut cream
3/4 cup fresh raspberries plus additional for garnish
3/4 cup maple syrup
1. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Heat 1 cup water to a boil over high heat. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cashews; soak 1 hour, drain and rinse.
2. Place 2 (4-inch) heart-shaped cookie cutters on prepared pan; spray insides of cutters with cooking spray.
3. In food processor, pulse dates, pecans, oats and cinnamon until small crumbs remain; divide into cookie cutters, pressing with back of spoon to pack tightly, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. In food processor, purée coconut cream, raspberries, syrup and cashews; gently spread over date mixture in cutters. Freeze at least 2 hours or up to overnight until firm.
5. To release “cheesecakes,” run small knife around edge of cookie cutters to loosen; remove cookie cutters. Let “cheesecakes” stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving. Makes 2 “cheesecakes.”
6. Serve “cheesecakes” garnished with raspberries, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1/2 “cheesecake”):
361 Calories, 17g Fat (7g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol,
17mg Sodium, 54g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 4g Protein