Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Pad Thai Noodle Salad
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating and cooling
Grill: 14 minutes • Serves: 8
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 medium red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
1 medium red onion, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
1 package (8 ounces) pad Thai noodles
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1.In medium bowl, whisk garlic, 1/3 cup soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and oregano. Makes about 1 cup.
2. Place chicken and vegetables in 2 large zip-top plastic bags; pour 1/2 the marinade into each bag. Seal bags, pressing out excess air; massage chicken and vegetables in bags to coat and refrigerate at least 1 or up to 4 hours.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Place vegetables on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until grill marks appear, removing onion after 4 minutes and turning once. Transfer vegetables to cutting board; cool slightly and cut into 1-inch pieces. Makes about 2 cups.
4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly and cut into 1-inch pieces. Makes about 2 cups.
5. Prepare noodles as label directs; drain, rinse with cold water and cool completely.
6. In large bowl, whisk peanut butter, vinegar, honey, ginger, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water; fold in vegetables, chicken and noodles. Makes about 8 cups.
7. Serve noodle salad sprinkled with peanuts and cilantro.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup):
284 Calories, 11g Fat (2g Saturated), 52mg Cholesterol,
344mg Sodium, 31g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 15g Protein