Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 28 minutes • Serves: 6
2 Pete and Gerry’s® Large Eggs, at room temperature
1 cup Guernsey Reduced Fat Milk, at room temperature
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon Domino® Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.In blender, blend 2 tablespoons melted butter, remaining ingredients and 1/3 cup room temperature water 30 seconds or until smooth; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Makes about 2-1/4 cups.
2. In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 teaspoon butter over medium heat; pour about 3 tablespoons egg mixture in center of skillet. Quickly swirl pan so batter forms an even, thin layer; batter should set immediately and form tiny bubbles. Cook crêpe 1-1/2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned and top appears dry. Gently lift 1 edge of crêpe with rubber spatula; carefully grab crêpe with fingers and flip. Cook crêpe 30 seconds or until bottom is lightly browned; transfer to plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and batter to make 11 more crêpes. Makes about 12 crêpes.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 crêpes):
172 Calories, 9g Fat (5g Saturated), 81mg Cholesterol,
93mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 6g Protein
The first crêpe is usually a tester, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t turn out right.
Use a timer to prevent flipping the crêpe too quickly.
Try crêpes with these sweet and savory fillings:
• Jarred lemon curd + fresh blueberries + dusting of powdered sugar
• Sautéed baby spinach + tomatoes + bacon
• Chocolate hazelnut spread + fresh strawberries + dusting of powdered sugar
• Cream cheese + smoked salmon + chives
• Natural nut butter + banana + dusting of powdered sugar