Grilled Peach, Arugula, Pickled Red Onion & Gorgonzola Crostini
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 6
Pickled Red Onion
1/4cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
2tablespoons kosher salt
1small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Crostini and Grilled Peaches
3tablespoons Colavita® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
3medium ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1/2cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2cups lightly packed arugula
1/4cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4cup balsamic glaze
1. Prepare Pickled Red Onion: In small saucepot, heat 2 cups water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil over high heat; remove from heat and cool 8 minutes. Add onion; let stand at room temperature at least 2 or up to 6 hours.
2. Prepare Crostini and Grilled Peaches: Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of baguette slices with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place baguette slices on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
3. Brush cut sides of peaches with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place peaches, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear.
4. Place crostini in single layer on rimmed baking pan; top with cheese. Place pan directly on hot grill rack; cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Toppings: Drain onion, reserving 2 tablespoons pickling liquid in medium bowl. Whisk oil into reserved liquid; add arugula and toss to coat. Cut peaches into wedges.
6. Top crostini with arugula mixture, onion, peaches and almonds; drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
425 Calories, 20g Fat (5g Saturated), 13mg Cholesterol,
883mg Sodium, 53g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 12g Protein
> Crostini and peaches can also be grilled on a grill pan over medium-high heat.
To toast almonds: In large skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.